Taiwan Fertilizer company is established on May 1st, 1946. Originally a state-owned enterprise under the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), it was privatized on September 1, 1999, and is now a listed private corporation. The company, currently capitalized at NT$9.8 billion, is headquartered in Taipei. Its four factories are: Keelung, Miaoli, Hualien and Taichung respectively. Producing various types of fertilizers and chemical products. The electronic-class chemicals plant was completed in January 2001, and has been supplying chemicals to domestic LCD and semiconductor manufacturers.